Modern Dev Ops
Leverage Open Source to Modernize Your Dev Ops Strategy
Leverage Open Source to Promote:
- Speed: Provide to your customers the latest capabilities and services utilizing the latest in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) technologies and methods
- Delivery: Become nimble and agile through the Continuous Delivery of products and services by automating the lifecycle from build to deploy
- Scale to Demand: Grow your products and infrastructure both from a horizontal and vertical perspective based on the changes of the marketplace using models that promote scalable, adaptable operations
- Reliability: Ensure that your products and services meet quality of service standards while preserving key functionality is present and available even under the most extreme circumstances
- Security: Protect and guard your critical data through all phases of the lifecycle by utilizing automated compliance policies, configuration management, fine grained controls, and industry vetted open encryption controls
- Repeatability: Gain confidence that your products, services, and infrastructures can be re-deployed in different locations in the exact same manner every time by adhering to an Infrastructure as Code philosophy with an overarching Configuration Management method utilized.
- Collaboration: Promote greater communications between your development and operation teams through combined ownership and accountability principles while reducing inefficient processes and time sinks delivering to your customers and clients
Our experience across the private and government spaces in cloud strategy development provides our customers with a knowledge base that assists them in:
- Assessing current workforce skills and capabilities gaps within their organization which are critical to move towards cloud ready adoption
- Gathering current business requirements and match them to the most appropriate cloud service layer be it Infrastructure, Platform, Software, etc.
- Providing expert knowledge in designing and developing cloud-based architectures while keeping a close mind on data security and risk mitigation
- Performing cost estimations and "best of breed" selection based on average Total Cost of Ownership.
- Developing appropriate governance policies and procedures for your organization to ensure that full compliancy is achievable.
- Identifying open source tools and technologies that will provision and automate cloud services in a cost-effective manner while adhering to open standards that prevent vendor proprietary lock-ins.
- Creating strategies and leveraging open source technologies to help operate and maintain their cloud environments at scale
Dev Ops Automation
Whether starting from scratch or looking to make your current infrastructure environment more efficient, we provide a wide-ranging service skillset for automating your development and infrastructure that includes:
- Leveraging Virtual Machine technology through Linux Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM) and oVirt/Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization platform for maximum performance, adherence to standards, and a cost model suitable for any organization's size to operate and maintain
- Transforming your services into more modular, highly adaptable microservices utilizing container-based technologies such as Docker and Linux Containers (LXC) and leveraging orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Swarm, Apache Mesos, Rancher, and more.
- Automating your customer deployments utilizing technologies such as Foreman, Jenkins, and Openstack
- Automating your infrastructure deployments while maintaining Configuration Management compliance through Infrastructure as Code and technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Juju, andTerraform
- Monitoring and tracking your services and assets in real time by leveraging popular open source stacks such as Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK), Prometheus/Grafana/CAdvisor/Node, Zabbix, or hosted monitoring services such as Datadog.
- Ensuring that your most important data is replicated, highly available, and scalable leveraging Ceph, GlusterFS, Open ZFS, and MooseFS for example
- Supporting multiple Linux distributions whether it be Red Hat Enterprise, Ubuntu Server, or SUSE Enterprise to BSD variants including FreeBSD.
As business grows and new customers come onboard, the underlying infrastructure supporting your business will have to grow and expand too. We can help you devise and plan how to meet your needs based on several factors including:
- Deciding from a Total Cost of Ownership model to host on-site or migrate to a hosted cloud provider
- Developing a disaster recovery model from a policy perspective
- Growing and protecting your data at the filesystem level utilizing highly available, high performing, fault tolerant, self-healing, scale out technologies such as Open ZFS, GlusterFS, MooseFS, and others
- Automating your infrastructure deployments and maintaining configuration management across the environment utilizing Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc.
- Maximizing infrastructure assets through container technologies such as Docker and Linux Containers
- Collecting all relevant metrics and situational awareness data for new environment deployments utilizing Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Vamp, etc.
- Harness the full power of your compute environment through cluster and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, OpenShift, etc.
Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
Even with the best laid plans in place and a fully trained staff at the ready, every business will succumb to an unforeseen event that could not have been anticipated. It could be a natural disaster such as a fire, flood, or earthquake; it could be from a man-made event such as an accidental power-cut. How do you recover from such an event? How resilient is your business? At Open Source Systems, our expertise in both the federal and private space allows us to provide customers with:
- Business Continuity Planning based on National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications (SP) and ISO documentation.
- Capturing Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) critical to the success of the Business Continuity Plan
- Developing a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) to include a Risk Assessment (RA) and Continuity of Operations (COOP) plan
- Determining feasibility and compatibility of backup facilities, procedures, and technologies
- Creating testing criteria and procedures for measuring Disaster Recovery capabilities
- Training team managers and staff members
- Demonstrating organizational recovery capabilities through event planning and exercises
- Developing objectives to transition the organization to a Tier 7 Highly Automated and Business Integrated organization
Certifications and Credentials:
- AWS Partner Network (APN) Advanced Consulting Partner –
- AWS Business Accredited Professionals
- AWS Technical Accredited Professionals
- AWS Solutions Architect Certified
- Architecting on AWS Certifications – Associate Level
- AWS launch partner for RDS migration tool and DevOps competency